Lesson Five: Enoch, He Pleased God
Lesson Text: Genesis 5:1-32
Lesson Aim: Learn important lessons for life from the experiences of Enoch.
Memory Verse: Hebrews 11:5
- Genesis 5:1-32
- 1 Chronicles 1:1-3 NKJV Adam, Seth, Enosh, 2 Cainan, Mahalalel, Jared, 3 Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech.
- Luke 3:23-38
- Luke 3:36-38 NKJV the son of Cainan, the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech, 37 the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel, the son of Cainan, 38 the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.
- Hebrews 11:5 NKJV By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
- Jude 1:14-15 NKJV Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”
- What does Enoch mean?
- Name two things in which Enoch had the distinction of being the “first”? (See: Hebrews 11:5 and Jude 14,15.)
- What great men must have influenced the life of Enoch?
- What was the character of the world in which Enoch lived?
- Name Enoch’s son. What unique distinction does he attain among men in the Bible?
- What significant world event occurred the year that Enoch’s son died?
- Of what did Enoch prophesy? (Jude 14,15)
- What does Moses mean when he says of Enoch: “He was not, for God took him”?
- What was the testimony of God concerning Enoch?
- How did Enoch please God?
- What does it mean to walk with God?
- What do we know of Enoch as a husband and father?
- What does the translation of Enoch signify to us?
- According to Hebrews 11:6 what three things do we know about Enoch’s religious life?
Hebrews 11:6 NKJV But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
- What is the one great lesson in Enoch’s life for you?